MAYPORT, Fla. - Petty Officer 1st Class Jory Fetterolf, a native of Lewisberry, Pennsylvania, is one of the sailors supporting Maritime Patrol and Reconnaissance Force (MPFR) missions at Tactical Operations Control Squadron (TOCRON) 11.
Fetterolf graduated from Redland High School in 2012.
“Growing up, I learned resilience to adversity,” Fetterolf said. “I grew up in a split home, and that made me grow up fast. I had to help take care of my younger sister for my mom and dad, which set me up to help care for junior sailors.”
Fetterolf has served in the Navy for 13 years.
“I joined because of my grandpa,” Fetterolf said. “He was in the Air Force. I watched how he lived his life, and it inspired me to do better. I didn’t know where I wanted to go when I turned 18, and the military gave me an avenue to figure it out. I got out and then came back in for my family so they would be set up in a better spot.”
TOCRON-11 serves as the information center for MPFR missions. Sailors serving at the command are tasked with coordinating, directing and commanding global anti-submarine warfare, intelligence and maritime surveillance operations. The command was established in 2020, and today, more than 150 sailors serve at the specialized squadron.
With 90% of global commerce traveling by sea and access to the internet relying on the security of undersea fiber-optic cables, Navy officials continue to emphasize that the prosperity of the United States is directly linked to recruiting and retaining talented people from across the rich fabric of America.
Fetterolf has had many opportunities to achieve accomplishments during military service.
“I am most proud of making the rank of petty officer first class,” Fetterolf said. “I now get to take care of my junior sailors and watch them grow.”
Fetterolf serves a Navy that operates far forward, around the world and around the clock, promoting the nation’s prosperity and security.
“Serving in the Navy means I get to take care of my family,” Fetterolf said. “I have also been able to meet a lot of great people and travel the world.”
Fetterolf is grateful to others for helping make a Navy career possible.
“I want to thank my mom, dad, grandpa, wife and my kids,” Fetterolf said. “They all inspired me in certain ways. My grandpa was my inspiration for joining the military. My wife and my kids have helped me to become a better man and sailor throughout my career. My mom and dad have set me on paths where I have been able to succeed through the good and the bad.”
Fetterolf plans to use his time in the Navy to earn several degrees.
“I am currently attending Liberty University working towards an interdisciplinary degree with a focus on aviation and health sciences,” Fetterolf said. “I plan on finishing my bachelor’s and moving towards my master’s degree in exercise science.”
This year, the Navy is commemorating its contribution to the nation’s defense as the United States celebrates 250 years of independence. According to Navy officials, for more than 250 years, the Navy has sailed the globe defending freedom and protecting prosperity. For more information, visit: https://www.navy.mil/navy-250/
![]() |
| Photo by Mass Communication Specialist 1st Class Jeffrey Militzer |
Fetterolf graduated from Redland High School in 2012.
“Growing up, I learned resilience to adversity,” Fetterolf said. “I grew up in a split home, and that made me grow up fast. I had to help take care of my younger sister for my mom and dad, which set me up to help care for junior sailors.”
Fetterolf has served in the Navy for 13 years.
“I joined because of my grandpa,” Fetterolf said. “He was in the Air Force. I watched how he lived his life, and it inspired me to do better. I didn’t know where I wanted to go when I turned 18, and the military gave me an avenue to figure it out. I got out and then came back in for my family so they would be set up in a better spot.”
TOCRON-11 serves as the information center for MPFR missions. Sailors serving at the command are tasked with coordinating, directing and commanding global anti-submarine warfare, intelligence and maritime surveillance operations. The command was established in 2020, and today, more than 150 sailors serve at the specialized squadron.
With 90% of global commerce traveling by sea and access to the internet relying on the security of undersea fiber-optic cables, Navy officials continue to emphasize that the prosperity of the United States is directly linked to recruiting and retaining talented people from across the rich fabric of America.
Fetterolf has had many opportunities to achieve accomplishments during military service.
“I am most proud of making the rank of petty officer first class,” Fetterolf said. “I now get to take care of my junior sailors and watch them grow.”
Fetterolf serves a Navy that operates far forward, around the world and around the clock, promoting the nation’s prosperity and security.
“Serving in the Navy means I get to take care of my family,” Fetterolf said. “I have also been able to meet a lot of great people and travel the world.”
Fetterolf is grateful to others for helping make a Navy career possible.
“I want to thank my mom, dad, grandpa, wife and my kids,” Fetterolf said. “They all inspired me in certain ways. My grandpa was my inspiration for joining the military. My wife and my kids have helped me to become a better man and sailor throughout my career. My mom and dad have set me on paths where I have been able to succeed through the good and the bad.”
Fetterolf plans to use his time in the Navy to earn several degrees.
“I am currently attending Liberty University working towards an interdisciplinary degree with a focus on aviation and health sciences,” Fetterolf said. “I plan on finishing my bachelor’s and moving towards my master’s degree in exercise science.”
This year, the Navy is commemorating its contribution to the nation’s defense as the United States celebrates 250 years of independence. According to Navy officials, for more than 250 years, the Navy has sailed the globe defending freedom and protecting prosperity. For more information, visit: https://www.navy.mil/navy-250/
