SAN DIEGO - Lt. Patrick Boze, a native of Bloomburg, Texas, serves in the U.S. Navy assigned to Littoral Combat Ship Squadron (LCSRON) 1 operating out of Naval Base San Diego.
Boze graduated from Queen City High School in 2006. Additionally, Boze earned a bachelor’s and master’s degree in history from Texas A&M University Texarkana in 2009 and 2011.
“Growing up, I learned to have a good work ethic,” Boze said. “My dad taught me to work hard. We would wake up at the crack of dawn to go work on our latest project.”
Boze joined the Navy 13 years ago.
“I joined the Navy because I wanted to get out on my own and see the world,” Boze said. “I wanted to do something worthwhile with my life.”
Today, Boze serves as a communications systems warfare officer.
The mission of LCSRON 1 is to oversee training, maintenance, manning and certification of littoral combat ship (LCS) crews and ships to provide combatant commanders with flexible, agile and lethal assets able to operate effectively in the littoral environment.
LCSs are designed to operate in near-shore environments to counter 21st-century threats. The ships can function independently or in high-threat scenarios as part of a networked battle force that includes larger, multi-mission surface combatants such as cruisers and destroyers.
This year, the Navy is commemorating its contribution to the nation’s defense as the United States celebrates 250 years of independence. According to Navy officials, for more than 250 years, the Navy has sailed the globe defending freedom and protecting prosperity. More information is available here: https://www.navy.mil/navy-250/
With 90% of global commerce traveling by sea and access to the internet relying on the security of undersea fiber-optic cables, Navy officials continue to emphasize that the prosperity of the United States is directly linked to recruiting and retaining talented people from across the rich fabric of America.
Boze has many opportunities to achieve accomplishments during military service.
“I am most proud of commissioning,” Boze said. “I was originally enlisted as an information systems technician for six years. I decided to commission because I wanted to be more of a leader in the Navy. Many members of my family have served, but my brother and I are the first officers.”
Boze serves a Navy that operates far forward, around the world and around the clock, promoting the nation’s prosperity and security.
“Serving in the Navy means doing something meaningful,” Boze said. “It is something that is bigger than just my life.”
Boze is grateful to others for helping make a Navy career possible.
“I want to thank all the officers and chiefs who helped lead me to where I am now, and all the friends I have made along the way,” Boze said. “I also would like to thank my mom and dad for making me the man I am today and teaching me resilience.”
![]() |
| Photo by Mass Communication Specialist Seaman Diamond Kyles |
Boze graduated from Queen City High School in 2006. Additionally, Boze earned a bachelor’s and master’s degree in history from Texas A&M University Texarkana in 2009 and 2011.
“Growing up, I learned to have a good work ethic,” Boze said. “My dad taught me to work hard. We would wake up at the crack of dawn to go work on our latest project.”
Boze joined the Navy 13 years ago.
“I joined the Navy because I wanted to get out on my own and see the world,” Boze said. “I wanted to do something worthwhile with my life.”
Today, Boze serves as a communications systems warfare officer.
The mission of LCSRON 1 is to oversee training, maintenance, manning and certification of littoral combat ship (LCS) crews and ships to provide combatant commanders with flexible, agile and lethal assets able to operate effectively in the littoral environment.
LCSs are designed to operate in near-shore environments to counter 21st-century threats. The ships can function independently or in high-threat scenarios as part of a networked battle force that includes larger, multi-mission surface combatants such as cruisers and destroyers.
This year, the Navy is commemorating its contribution to the nation’s defense as the United States celebrates 250 years of independence. According to Navy officials, for more than 250 years, the Navy has sailed the globe defending freedom and protecting prosperity. More information is available here: https://www.navy.mil/navy-250/
With 90% of global commerce traveling by sea and access to the internet relying on the security of undersea fiber-optic cables, Navy officials continue to emphasize that the prosperity of the United States is directly linked to recruiting and retaining talented people from across the rich fabric of America.
Boze has many opportunities to achieve accomplishments during military service.
“I am most proud of commissioning,” Boze said. “I was originally enlisted as an information systems technician for six years. I decided to commission because I wanted to be more of a leader in the Navy. Many members of my family have served, but my brother and I are the first officers.”
Boze serves a Navy that operates far forward, around the world and around the clock, promoting the nation’s prosperity and security.
“Serving in the Navy means doing something meaningful,” Boze said. “It is something that is bigger than just my life.”
Boze is grateful to others for helping make a Navy career possible.
“I want to thank all the officers and chiefs who helped lead me to where I am now, and all the friends I have made along the way,” Boze said. “I also would like to thank my mom and dad for making me the man I am today and teaching me resilience.”
